Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Woody and Buzz

What a week! Emilie had a bone marrow aspirate, lumbar puncture, her last IT chemo on Monday and a brain/spine MRI on Wednesday. The results of her aspirate and LP both came back negative. Her MRI results, as read by our wonderful oncologist Dr. Phil, showed improvement. We will be meeting with our neurologist on Wednesday to further discuss.  Thursday, we will be travelling back to TN for our last St. Jude visit, BBQ and of course, sweet tea!  Thank you Jesus for negative test results and nerve regeneration!!!!
As I was preparing this post, Nicolas and Emilie were playing Wii Fit. Emilie received this as a birthday gift last year and is now unable to play most of it due to her legs not working. I was happy to see the above as I walked out of my office....Emilie is stearing the bike and Nicolas is doing the "propulsion running". I love the creative teamwork and the sweet bond between the two!!

When the road looks rough ahead
And you're miles and miles
From your nice warm bed
Just remember what your old pal said
You've got a friend in me

You've got troubles, well I've got 'em too
There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you
We stick together and we see it through
You've got a friend in me

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.  If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
Photobucket

5 comments:

Shanny said...

Beautiful photo. So thrilled about these wonderful test results! Love love love!

Mrs. Kitch said...

So sweet! I enjoyed watching Nicholas play soccer Saturday with my Gabe.

Auntie Vicki said...

moist eyes. so precious hearing from you today Em. I am so proud of you and excited about all the possibilities. Knuckles, lock in the love. What a great sister you are and so inventive.

Linda said...

How exciting to read the news of the test results! Prayers for you as you both travel to and from Memphis. The photo is so touching. I have printed it out as a reminder to me and the fam about working together and teamwork. Gotta love that sibling love!

Martha said...

Cooperation and teamwork--perfect in so many ways. Glad you were able to witness this. More glad you were willing to share it with others. Safe travels to you.